Saturday 26 November 2016

Bath Time!

Tonight's the night! The loofah that I've been talking about since buying the seeds last January, is  going to be used!.

Taa-daa! It actually looks like a loofah!
A bit skinnier and darker in colour than what I've seen before. And there do seem to be a few seeds trapped in there, but you surely can't deny it doesn't look out of place in the bathroom :-)
The seeds and pulp took a lot of washing out - it would have been much easier with a hose,
But the skin peeled off quite easily.

10 comments:

  1. I hope it does the job well and that you don't end up with loofahs growing out of the plug hole. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a lot more seeds left in the bath than I thought were left in the loofah! And rather a lot of other plant debris :-D Still it looks a bit cleaner for its second outing!

      Delete
  2. Can't believe you grew a loofah. I always thought they grew under the sea! Like sponges .... How ignorant am I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! Nearly everyone thinks they grow in the sea. Now we know...they're in the cucumber family

      Delete
  3. Amazing. I hope we will all be getting one for Christmas. If not I may try growing my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got two from the plant. Will see if the one that's currently drying out at work is any good once it's peeled

      Delete
  4. Wow, perhaps you should do a post - how to grown and make your own loofah. Those things are quite pricey. I picked mine many years back from overseas and closer to home Body Shop

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda