Sunday 7 August 2011

Rainy Sunday

We went up the plot after a rainstorm this afternoon - just to pick some veg. The potatoes are Orla and there are a few obligatory courgettes which I'll take to work - there should be a couple more ready when I want them for my dinner tomorrow evening! Also got another harvest of express french beans from our dwarf plants.
I made some carrot & coriander soup, using our lovely coloured carrots and one of our onions.
My soup recipe is always the same, just with different top 2 ingredients - this is the soups I made last weekend (measurements are very vague):
  • Vegetables (e.g.4 carrots/pile of broad beans)
  • Some type of herb (e.g.coriander/parsley)
  • An onion cooked in butter with the herb
  • 1 pint of vegetable stock
  • Black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda